Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bostonisms

Boston keeps changing so fast, and there are some cute/funny things he does that I don't want to forget, so I'm putting them on here.
  • He tries to eat everything. I mean everything.
  • He talks on the phone. Mostly "hey, hey, hey" but he definitely understands the basic idea. If it's Nate, he'll usually talk away, but if it's someone whose voice he doesn't recognize, he talks for a minute, then looks at the phone to see if he can figure out who it is by looking :)
  • He loves the tub, ever since he could sit up. He stares transfixed at the drain when the water is swirling down it, and laughs at the drips.
  • His enthusiasm over certain toys is expressed with a funny ape face, complete with ape arms, and loud breathing until he acquires the desired toy.
  • He does a flawless "I've got the black lung, pop" impression.
  • He finds it very amusing when he produces a particularly nasty diaper that makes me make faces and say "Ew! Disgusting!" at him.
  • When he gets hungry, he puts both arms out to the sides (fists clenched), drops his head, closes his eyes, and grunts repeatedly. This hungry grunt gets louder the longer I ignore it until the food has been administered.
  • Whenever Nate holds Boston on the way down the stairs, Boston (presumably) gets butterflies in his tummy and it always makes him happy. Instead of discipline when he's cranky, we just take him down the stairs and the crankiness subsides.
  • He loves lemons.
  • From a sitting position, he leans over and sucks on his left foot. Only ever his left foot - the right one must taste funny. And the left flavor must be pretty strong, because socks and shoes don't deter him.
  • He loves it when I whistle the tune to "Leave it to Beaver". When the stairs fail us, the Beaver Tune always works as anti-cranky medicine.
  • He pretends to be Superman during tummy time.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Kennedy does not get the phone yet. Since it has lights on it she's more interested in looking at it than listening to it. And I have absolutely no idea how the Leave It to Beaver song goes. I don't think I've ever seen that show.

jeffandbrianne said...

Haha, he's sounds like quite the funny kid. Can't wait to see him again :)
-Brianne

Rachel B said...

What a stud... He seems to be growing up really fast... or least he is pretty darn coordinated! I can't wait to see the food grunting.

Sara said...

What a funny and cute kid! I still have a baby gift for him...I hope he still likes it when he is 12 because I don't know when I will ever see you....!
I love that list though! Too funny!