Thursday, January 8, 2009

Our new place

Here is what I now see when I walk out of my apartment. It's nice and warm and it makes me wonder why everyone doesn't live here... until I remember that we're paying 3 times the rent we were paying. After an excruciating drive (wow, Boston really hated it - he pooped all over himself once which forced us to stop and stay at a hotel), we got all settled in and some very nice neighbors let us borrow some furniture and now we're just loving it. I get lost occasionally when I'm driving around, but fortunately(?) we live a block away from the train so I can always find my way back. Boston is pretty much a celebrity here (except at church). You'd think these people had never seen a baby before. I went to the grocery store yesterday and it took me forever to get through the line because the checker and the bagger both wanted to oogle my baby. I felt bad for the people in line behind me. But they didn't seem to mind too much... I think people here are a little more chill. Anyway, so far so good. Oh, and Nate is really hoping to find a hole-in-the-wall nasty dirty authentic Mexican restaurant (there are lots of Mexicans here, right? So there should be one close)... so if anyone knows where to find one, let him know.

6 comments:

jeffandbrianne said...

Thanks Kim for giving the update. It continues to pour snow all over the valley here in provo. I think we got like 8 more inches. Plus they plowed the roads and blocked us out of our house. IDIOTS!! Boston is a celebrity. That kid is awesome. It was fun to eat at chili's. Tell Nathan hi for me.

Noelle said...

Wow, how awesome....but where are you? I think I missed that memo. Hope you're enjoying the sunny weather and the celebrity baby. :)

Ashley said...

That's funny. I don't know if I trust a hole-in-the-wall Mexican place. The last one I went to I counted at least 10 cockroaches. I think babies are a novelty everywhere but here. We got so many comments about Kennedy in Texas. Looks like you found a nice place! We miss you though.

Kris and Megan said...

oh no, where did you guys move to!? sad, another family out of the Provo phase... (ha no like we're out of it, we only live in Orem...)anyway, we'll miss seeing you at all the Biolos' get togethers!

Emily said...

Palm trees!! Oh how I miss them! I want to come visit-how does this weekend sound? :) I'm glad you guys are liking it so far. I just read one of my friends blogs and she went to the beach all day--I can only hope our days of living in California will come sooner than later! Also-sorry I never got back with you guys as far as what route to take...sounds like you made it OK though. Enjoy the sunshine!! (for me)!! :)

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

If you are willing to drive a little north of San Francisco, there is the BEST mexican, hole in the wall, under the freeway, flies flying around taqueria EVER! There super burritos are HUGE, cheap and delicious! We can give you more details if you want.