Saturday, April 24, 2010

Master Waddoups

Hooray! Huzzah! Wahoo! Yippee! Nate is graduated!It was so fun to have both our parents and Rachel and Sean there.
We also ran into Brent before the convocation, which was random, but exciting.
Boston was actually REALLY good throughout the ceremony, which surprised everyone. I suppose it doesn't hurt to have 7 adults fawning over you, distributing snacks and attention. Also, we got seats in this sort of alcove thingy where there were no people in front of us and no people to the right side. The Waddoups sat behind Boston and the Nielsens sat to his left, so it was like a mini playpen in the Marriott. We took this picture of him (which is really blurry and not great at all) and he kept making me show it to him, at which point he would kiss the camera screen. He's a little vain, but we don't blame him - he IS pretty cute.We were sitting there looking at the program, and Nate's name kept showing up, over and over! I knew he worked hard at school, but I think it finally hit me when I read his name in 6 different places: his regular Bachelor's degree, his Masters' degree, the Graduate High Distinction list, Magna Cum Laude, Beta Gamma Sigma (no idea what that is), and Phi Kappa Phi. Yes... I married a studmuffin deluxe.I'm so proud of him, and I think that despite all his whining about me asking him to walk, he actually enjoyed it. It was a lot of pomp and circumstance, but it was a good reason to get together with our families, which was great.(Also, if everyone could please confirm that my hair looks better short than long, that would be great. Nate has a strange long hair fettish, so out of love and adoration for him, I keep it long a lot more than I'd prefer to... but maybe an overwhelming short-hair majority would cure him.)

8 comments:

bec said...

congratulations! What an accomplishment!

Sara said...

That is great! Congratulations Nate, and congatulations Kimberlie on staying patient and seeing him through!

Wendy said...

Congratulations to you AND Nate...you know what they say about "Behind every great man"! Your hair looks very cute short...I don't know what it is about guys loving long hair on their women.

Jess said...

Way to go NATER!!!!! And nate knows you look good with your hair short, he just likes long hair and is funny about things like every man!

jeffandbrianne said...

Yaaay! Sounds like he is a smarty pants. Good grief. Good job Nate. Kim, nice word choice with "Huzzah!" I had to laugh, haha. Congrats to both of you!

Brianne

Stephen and Ashley said...

I really was thinking your hair looked cute before I read the end of your post. I'll be starting up our blog again soon...we just moved to Idaho Falls...yeah!
Ashley

Rachel B said...

oooh, Boston is sooo chewing on my carrot (which actually came from my mom) But I'm glad we could help. It was fun to go support Nater (and lets be honest, you for getting him through it).

Sam said...

Nathan, You are my main man deluxination station. I'm very proud of you bro. Emily and I are trying to get things worked out in Florida so that we can at least see you guys this summer. Hopefully we can make it to Idaho this summer and see you guys. XOxoXXooxoXO Hahaaaa